Rebuilding your home after a hurricane leaves devastating property damage in its wake requires a massive undertaking. Unfortunately, the fight to get the benefits you’re entitled to out of your insurance company can be just as challenging.
An experienced hurricane damage attorney, like those at Insurance Claim HQ, can help you fight back if your insurance company denies your claim. However, they can do much more than fight back after it’s too late. Property damage attorneys can help protect your claim from the very beginning, preventing heartbreak later.
In this article, we will explain the common services hurricane insurance lawyers provide, and why hiring one early can help your claim’s success.
What Does a Hurricane Insurance Lawyer do?
Most people believe they have a general idea of what an attorney does, but few understand the full benefits of hiring one. Experienced attorneys can save you and your loved ones time, hardship, and money by streamlining the claims process and preventing you from making common missteps that could cost you your benefits.
Before you choose to file your claim alone, consider that an experienced hurricane insurance lawyer can help you:
- Evaluate your claim: Hiring an attorney early on can help you determine whether or you have a valid case, how much your claim could be worth, and how difficult it will be to obtain a fair settlement or verdict at trial. Hurricane insurance lawyers can give you an honest, unbiased opinion that can help you decide if you want to file. And because they only get paid if you get paid, they have no reason to mislead you about your claim’s chances.
- Gather and analyze evidence: Once you have decided to file, your attorney can help you to gather the appropriate evidence for your claim. This can include photos and videos of any property damage, repair bills and estimates, and any other costs that have been incurred due to your damaged property.
- Check your insurance coverage: Your insurance policy can be difficult to understand—something that isn’t an accident. Insurance companies make your homeowners insurance policy complicated at least partly so you can’t tell when they’re cheating you. For example, many don’t know that they may need a separate flood insurance policy, as hurricane insurance does not cover flood damage. An experienced attorney will help you understand your coverage.
- File a claim on your behalf: Once your claim is ready, your attorney can file it for you. They understand the process and are ready to handle the complicated work so you can focus on rebuilding.
- Communicate with your insurance: The last thing you need to deal with after a hurricane is constant communication from your insurance company. An attorney will handle the back and forth of the claims process, getting you the information you need, without the hassle you don’t.
- Fight against denied claims: Insurance companies may deny claims for several unfair reasons. An experienced attorney will know when they are acting in bad faith and will fight to hold them accountable for your hurricane damage.
An attorney can help you navigate the complicated and often frustrating insurance claim process, something no one should face alone. Experienced attorneys can help you avoid common mistakes that help your insurance company deny your claim. That’s why hiring an experienced attorney can make or break your claim’s success.
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer for Your Hurricane Insurance Claim
When it comes to property damage claims, the sooner you call an attorney, the better. Insurance companies will do whatever it takes to avoid paying out to property owners, and they won’t hesitate to use any unintentional slip-ups or mistakes you make against you. Having an experienced attorney by your side early on can save you a lot of time, money, and unnecessary stress.
The hurricane insurance lawyers at Insurance Claim HQ have proven results and know how to fight back against bad faith and unjust denials. For example, when one of our clients was offered a measly $50,000 for their property loss, we were able to fight back and get them a $9 million settlement for their trouble.
By hiring a hurricane insurance lawyer early on, you can avoid costly mistakes and prevent your insurance provider from taking advantage of your misfortune.
Hurricane insurance claims often come with tragedy and a sense of urgency, something your insurance company will take advantage of if given the chance. Hiring an attorney keeps you safe and gives you the room you need to recover in peace.
Insurance Claim HQ: Here to Help You Fight Back Against the Insurance Company
The experienced hurricane insurance lawyers at Insurance Claim HQ are ready to help you fight back in your time of need. Our team knows the tricks and pitfalls that come with property damage claims and hurricane insurance. That’s why we’re here to help you avoid common mistakes and hold the insurance company accountable for your hurricane insurance claim.
If you or a loved one believe you have a hurricane damage claim and are unsure what to do next, call Insurance Claim HQ at (844) CLAIM-84 or contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.