Galen interviews James Jackson who’s the director of business development at TSA Group and highlights the vital role of communication, ethics, patience, continuous learning and self-improvement in business development. They talk about the need for expertise that may challenge one’s perspective and specialized legal representation. James offers advice for young entrepreneurs, emphasizing the importance of cultivating enduring relationships through consistency, reliability, and effective communication.
Who’s the Guest?
James Jackson owned Jackson Steel Erectors, Inc for 17 years. He obtained his Louisiana commercial GC license at 23 and has personally completed NDL certifications as far back as 2002 for MBCI, AEP Span, American buildings, amongst others. Where he can help with is metal roofing, commercial contracting pitfalls, and margins for residential, commercial, and industrial roofing.
- James discusses his career in construction and his experiences of running Jackson Steel Erectors
- Tragic incidents due to improper construction practices
- Legal challenges he faced in his construction business and how it impacted his path
- The importance of hiring the right individuals with expertise for construction and storm issues litigation
- Reflection on the impact of having objective and factual reports from engineers in the litigation process
- The importance of objectivity in the industry
- James’ role in facilitating relationships at TSA and his methodologies for relationship building
- Tips for young aspirants considering his profession
- Importance of continuous learning in any profession