In this podcast episode, Galen Hair and Jay Baer highlight the power of exceptional customer service as an effective marketing tool. They propose that delivering unexpected value to clients often inspires word-of-mouth promotion. However, Jay states that many businesses prioritize growth over customer retention and view customer service as a cost rather than an investment. He believes that rewarding customer retention just like customer acquisition could radically alter the business landscape. The most important insight is that businesses can create their own unique selling points or initiatives that may not align with their offerings. If consistently implemented, these can result in free, enduring marketing.
Who’s the Guest?
Jay Baer is the founder of Convince & Convert, a Hall of Fame keynote speaker and emcee, host of the award-winning Social Pros podcast, and the author of six books including “Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth”. Jay uses his comprehensive consumer research approach, and combines it with massive expertise gained from advising more than 700 brands. The result is real, proven, viable advice that makes businesses better. All wrapped up in a hilarious and inspirational package audiences never forget.
- Honest communications for marketing
- Marketing and customer service
- Creating talk triggers
- Providing an unexpected service story
- DoubleTree Hotels’ warm cookies
- The principle of consistent word of mouth
- Changing marketing strategies to adapt to societal changes
- Beginning points for marketing and messaging strategies
- Unique marketing strategies
- Importance of empathy in marketing
- Potential marketing strategies
- Personal marketing experiences
- The central issue of customer service philosophy
- Importance of bonusing customer service teams
- Connect with Galen M. Hair
- Connect with Jay Baer