Galen Hair interviews Parker Logan, a property casualty attorney. Parker emphasizes the importance of hard work, organization, and a strong team to become a successful lawyer. Drawing from his family law background, he underscores the need for conflict management and client trust. He also points out issues in the claims process, such as disorganized files and inadequate records, urging professionals to maintain detailed files for successful claims.
Who’s the Guest?
W. Parker Logan is a passionate attorney who is focused on property casualty and commercial litigation. Before he joined Hair Shunnarah Trial Attorneys as a full-time attorney in October 2021, Parker served as an Associate Attorney at a New Orleans-area law firm. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk with the Supreme Court of Louisiana under Justice Marcus R. Clark. Parker graduated from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2020. While there, he served as a teaching assistant for the International Legal Studies program and studied abroad in Greece and Austria.
- Parker Logan’s background and where he is from
- The variations among attorneys’ qualifications and skills
- His process when he receives a new claim
- The importance of having a well-documented, organized file from the claimant’s contractor or public adjuster
- A major issue in claims handling: Files transferred from contractors or public adjusters not being up to par, which hampers the attorney’s ability to effectively represent the client
- The importance of properly documenting timelines, inspections, estimates, and correspondence for a claim in order for attorneys to do their jobs effectively
- The advantage of working in separate buildings from his spouse
- The challenge of maintaining a balance
- How to find the right balance between work and personal life
- His experience of working with his spouse and how they keep their work and personal life separate helps in preserving their relationship